Are your shoes invading what is already a limited space? Not sure what to do with all those shoes scattered all over the floor?
A practical option is to use a bookcase to customize your own shoe-shelving unit. We like the BILLY Bookcase from IKEA - it's not only style-savvy but also budget-conscious! And with its many different designs, it provides a world of options for custom shelving.
- Available in a wide variety of heights, widths, and colours, the BILLY Bookcase fits into many different spaces with ease, and matches almost any decor;
- Different styles can be mixed and matched to customize your ideal storage space;
- An economical option for custom closet shelving, starting at only $29.99 (CAD);
- Quick and easy to assemble;
- Additional shelves can be purchased separately so that your storage unit can be tailored to fit as many types and pairs of shoes needed.
- Placement suggestions for small spaces;
- The 41-inch bookcase can fit into the coat closet by the entrance of your home, still leaving enough room to hang your jackets above.
- The bookcase is shallow enough to fit into the gap behind a bedroom door.
- The shelves may not be deep enough for larger sizes (but remember, shoes can be lined up from back-to-front or side-to-side).
- Adding a liner or shelf-protector sheet can help to reduce wear-and-tear from dirt and water.
- You may be able to find the bookcase online at a discount (e.g. Kijiji or Craigslist).